Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Haunted House Card


I got out my new embossing powders and book board cut outs from Globecraft Piccolo.  I love their embossing powders, they are such a wonderful mix of blended colors.  I started with this adorable House Haunting Ornament.  I trimmed off the hanger on the top to just make it a frame.  I embossed the base with Vintage Black embossing powder.  I added a bit of Turquoise Lagoon embossing powder to the moon in the sky and to the base of the house. Next I glued the plastic dome down on the frame.  Using Starry Sky embossing powder, I covered the second frame which I then glued over the edge of the dome.  It is really hard to get a good pic of the beauty of the embossing powders and the frame.  I added a couple of Happy Pumpkin Accents, which I covered with Orange 3D Enamel Gel for a lovely shiny effect.  I did the same thing with the bats from the Halloween House Haunting Accents by adding Mars Black 3D Enamel Gel.


Now for my card construction, I started with a 5.75 inch square purple base.  I added a piece of patterned paper from the WeRMemory Keepers Spookville 6x6 paper pad.  Next I added a Cheery Lynn Designs Spider Web Mesh border and Ornamental Gate.    And that was about it!  Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: