Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016 | Background Stamping

Hellooooo!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Britt Bass here and I'm so glad you decided to join me today!  I wanted to pop in and share a festive little new years card I made just for you, using Sweet Stamps rubber and clear stamps!





When if first saw the Braided Flower Border rubber stamp I knew it would make a stunning background for a card!  I stamped it in three colors of Memento Dew Drop inks in a diagonal pattern across a panel of  bright white cardstock.  I think this stamp is perfect for a new years card because it looks a little like ticker tape falling across your card!  




I adhered the stamped panel and then cut a piece of silver glitter paper by DCWV  and adhered that with dimensional squares down the middle of the card.  I then stamped the main image from the Banner Girl and Words clear stamp set, BUT I only cut out and used the BANNER portion instead of including the whole image of the girl holding the banner.  Using parts of a stamped image selectively can really give your stamp sets more life and versatility!

I adhered my "Oh Happy Day" banner to the silver as well as mixing and matching some fun letter stickers and foam number stickers to create the rest of my sentiment.  To finish, I added a strip of purple cardstock below and two strips above the sentiment to give it a bit more of a finished look.

I hope you have an absolutely WONDERFUL New Year's Day and a MAGNIFICENT 2016!


2 comments:

Gail said...

Beautiful creation - TFS

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome New Years card, I love the border stamp background.