Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Floral Distressing

Hello again.  Time for my Tuesday installment.  Today is a bit different.  I love techniques and spend a great deal of time "playing'.  My favorite application is to make backgrounds, so that is what I did.
Take a look at the card, and I will share the process.
This card was made with just backgrounds and then the image was stamped and colored.  Both the focal image and the background was the mostly the same inks but on different papers.


Close up of Tag:  double click on image to see better
Here is the background that is hard to see on the finished card.  Using distress stain, I placed them in puddles on my craft mat.  This group is Abandoned Coral, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feather, Frayed Burlap.  Then in the center of all of these stains added picket fence and ran Water Color paper through the puddles.  In this instance the paper was wet.

For the tag, I did the same, but on a manilla tag.  Inks were: Abandoned Coral, Cracked Pistachio and Fossilized Amber with Picket Fence Stain.  The tag was dry and I quickly dried to keep the Picket Fence "White".  Then I stamped in a black Pigment ink with this stamp:Black Eyed Susans and colored them carefully, just to enhance the color but stay with the basic background palette.  
The Picture does not do this card justice.  It finishes as an A2 size, top folding.  Perfect for any occasion.

1 comment:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful card, I love how the images look against the colorful background you created.